Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 4: Dialogue Only, Please

I've got nothing tonight. Dialogue is the worst, and I suck at it. Also, everything I write seems to start off strong and get terrible, so this time I tried to think of an ending and then reverse engineer a beginning.

Anyway, I've actually experienced this phenomenon a couple of times before, with someone carrying on a conversation with me in crazy dream logic while they're asleep. Fortunately, nothing this weird was said, though.

...................................................
Hey, come in here. This is so weird. Watch. He's sleeping, but he'll respond to anything you ask him.

What? Really?

Watch.  John, what day of the week is it?

Eh?

Hey. John, what day of the week is it?

It's September. Now it's over and we have to start going back to school, right? All us kids that saw it.

What the hell? September? He is so out of it.

Try it. Ask him something.

Okay. John, what are you doing tomorrow?

Tomorrow's a day. I've been busy busy busy. But now it's over. Haha.

What's funny, John? What are you laughing about?

Oh, the balloons. I can't believe we got all of them out there. It's sad, but it's funny.

This is so weird. It's sort of creeping me out. What the hell is he dreaming about?

Hey shhhhh. Don't wake him up. Oh shit. Just got an idea. Hey John, what do you think of Marty?

Marty with the pretty pretty hair?

Yeah, sure. What do you think of her?

She's a Marty. She has her hair and everything. I'd known her for a long long time.

Yeah. Do you think she's cool?

She's so cool, yeah. It's so sad about her.

What the...

Shhhhh. What's sad John?

It's so sad what happens to her. To Marty. And then the balloons though. They were nice at least.

Dude. Move. I'm waking him up.

Hey. Chill out. He's just dreaming. John, what happens to Marty?

It's so sad. But no one can stop it. It just happens. And her hair. I can't believe the hair everywhere.

Why can't anyone stop it, John? What can't they stop?

All of it. None of it. Nobody saw it coming from anywhere. And then there was hair on everything and it won't come off. Marty. Marty's hair. You know, all her long hair? And then we have a sad day with balloons.

Fuck, John. Wake up. Get up right now.

Whoa. What the hell, guys? What is the problem?

You were saying crazy shit.

What, really? 

Yeah. It's honestly freaking me out. What the fuck were you dreaming about?

What was I saying? I wasn't dreaming anything. I mean, I don't remember anything. It's good to see you though, Marty. For some reason, It's a relief to see you right there.


No comments:

Post a Comment